Power Flushing Your Heating System
A power flush is simply a process that gives your central heating system a thorough internal clean and usually improves the central heating system's performance; which can lead to lower gas bills. Over time some heating systems may experience poor circulation resulting in lukewarm radiators, poor hot water, increased noise and sludge build up. By ‘power flushing’ your heating system, the sludge and built up residue will be removed via inline magnetic filtration, it will make your system work more efficiently.
How Do You Know if You Need a Power Flushing?
- Cold spots on the radiators.
- Noisy pipes or noise coming from the boiler.
- The boiler works intermittently.
- The system takes a long time to heat up.
- Signs of corrosion when bleeding the radiator (the water that comes out of the radiator will be dark).
- Unstable hot water supply or varying temperatures.
- Cloudy tap water.
- Pipes may be hot but radiators are cold.
- Boiler shuts down intermittently.
How does Power Flushing Work?
Because the water in a central heating system is always pumped in the same direction, iron filings, sludge, oil and grease build up within each radiator in your system. This has a detrimental effect on the efficiency of both your radiators and your boiler - in fact - your whole central heating system, reducing its life expectancy.
When a system is professionally power flushed, the system is flushed in different directions, agitating the sludge and debris, so the system can be drained of the deposits. When flushing a system, special chemicals are used to ensure the breakdown of the sludge inside the system, prior to the deposits being removed.
Power flushing your Central Heating system can also extend the lifespan of your boiler and improve the performance of your heating system to save on your heating bills. When replacing an old boiler to an existing system a ‘cold water’ flush is required under Part L of the building regulations.
The cost of power flushing starts from £180 if you need a free estimate please contact us.
There are many benefits to power flushing your central heating:
- Faster radiator “heating up” time
- All radiators produce more heat
- Boiler runs quieter
- Overall central heating system quieter
- No cold spots on radiators
- Cheaper gas bill – making your money stretch further (what you spend on power flush you get back in one winter saving)
- Less risk of breakdown
- More reliable and efficient central heating system, giving you a warmer house at less cost
Guarantee up to 5 Years
If you get any problems caused by sludge or rust within two years of your power flush we will return and clean the system for free. Up to five years guarantee with the installation of magnaclean filter. If we cannot return within two working weeks we will refund your money IN FULL.
Power flushing certificate
We provide you with proof of power flushing in the form of a certificate. Our certificates have never been refused as evidence by any insurer. Although we leave your certificate with you on the day of power flushing , we undertand that things get misplaced from time to time. Should you require a replacement certificate, please fill in the contact form and we'll send you a new one within 2-3 working days FREE of charge.
How long does it take to do a power flush?
Why do I need to power flushing?
We promise to:
- Treat your property with care.
- Carry out the power flushing to the highest standard.
- Give a true and a accurate costing on the power fushing.